Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A thousand a day...157-161: Can you tell it's finals week?

"A thousand" (pun intended) apologies for being so late on posting my thousand a day photos! This is one of the worst finals weeks ever. Two huge video projects, three exams, two take-home essays, senior communications exit exam and a producer reel to finish between now and Friday. I will really be saying TGIF when it arrives and I am DONE with my undergraduate career...as scary as that sounds right now.


Something I've been doing the past few days is posting my photo of the day in addition to posting a fun photo (or a few), not necessarily taken by me, that shows a memorable moment from that day. In keeping with that new tradition, I am also including photos of the highlights of each day.


Tuesday, May 11, 2010 
This semester, a bunch of us Pendulum people have gathered for weekly "Nerdy Journalism Movie Nights" at my apartment. It has been so wonderful to get together every week despite the gobs of homework everyone has, and having our last movie night was very bittersweet. We ended with "All the President's Men."

I'm counting this as my photo of the day since I tripoded the photo, so I technically took it. ;-)

Monday, May 10, 2010 
Our annual Cannon Celebration was Monday night. It's a gathering for everyone in the Isabella Cannon Leadership Program and it's really special for the seniors because we get to display our legacy projects and showcase what we spent our year working toward. We also get our stoles for graduation at the end of the evening.

Earlier in the afternoon, though, I interviewed President Lambert for his story in my book of Elon leaders (appropriately for my legacy project). It was a very leadership-filled day.

Above: Senior Leadership Fellows. Below: All the members of Phase IV.


Sunday, May 9, 2010 
Catholic Campus Ministry has a picnic to honor its seniors every year, so this was my year to celebrate, however sad that may be, with yummy cookout food and cake.




Saturday, May 8, 2010
Today, I attended my first Elon baseball game. I can't believe it took me four years to get to a game, but it was on the bucket list and now was the time! I went to the game with Conor to shoot video to accompany his story and we also got to hang out with Corey after we left the press area to stand behind third base for a better view. It was an interesting experience shooting baseball - certainly not as thrilling as fast-paced football or volleyball, but a good experience nonetheless. And thanks to Conor, I now understand some baseball lingo!

My favorite moment came after the game when Scott Riddle was swarmed by little kids asking for his autograph. I grabbed this still off the video camera since it was such a precious moment.


I had the wrong lens for taking sweet photos at the game, but I wanted to snap a few pics anyway. In one of them (again, wrong lens), I caught the ball in motion! Woo! Of course, it's nothing compared to real sporty photographers, but an exciting moment in the life of Ashley anyway.


There was much fun to be had after the game as well, when Corey and I returned to the office so I could edit the video and he could post his photos. When Pam visited, Corey and I were throwing a rave in the vault with the help of Camille, who served as photographer and chief lighting engineer (she flicked the lights on and off for us to give us a true clubbin' feel).

We tried to make Pam feel as comfortable as possible.

No comments: