Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Let's get poppin'

I had a sudden urge to make jalapeno poppers the other night. I know, quite strange seeing as I don't like anything remotely hot and/or spicy, but I knew this wasn't going to kill me. I had my very first jalapeno popper at the Sweet 16 Beer Bracket with my co-workers. One of our designers and his wife made these incredible hors d'oeuvres for us and I asked for her recipe right away. Months after trying my first popper a.k.a. Wednesday, I decided I needed to make them myself.
Never did I ever imagine I would have to buy or cook with a jalapeno

I got so excited I forgot to take pictures of what happened in between, but here are the hollowed, cream cheese filled, bacon wrapped beauties before they hit the oven.
Note: I got to use the new broiler pan I bought myself as a present last paycheck. Yes, I buy myself presents each paycheck...they usually consist of goodies for my kitchen.

A little close-up view before baking commences

Sizzlin' success
I made so many, I brought a ton in to work on Thursday so my friends could help me eat. I must admit, I inhaled six of them after I took them out of the oven and before bed. What can I say?

2 comments:

Elizabeth ♔ said...

i love that you buy yourself presents every paycheck. i would too if i got paychecks. #jealous

Ashley Barnas said...

Love, you are in Europe for two years. I will trade your gift for my broiler any day. ;)