Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

I can make pie!

About two weeks ago, I successfully made my first key lime pie. You may or may not remember I attempted pecan pie months ago and gave myself a C+. And I also have to remind you (and myself) of my lemon cupcake fail back in November.

Well, let's just say my key lime came out stunningly better than I could have imagined. I don't give myself credit for much, but I am calling this a baking success.

It was my first time working with limes

I had to shave those little beasts clean!

Tossing the lime zest in with egg yolks and other ingredients. It was really fun getting to separate the yolks from the rest of the egg.

At this point, I was becoming concerned...it just didn't look all that scrumptious.

Fresh out of the oven! I was feeling pretty nervous at this point since I still had no idea how it would taste.

Making my own whipped cream was SO much fun

The finished product!
I would say there will be many more key lime pies in my future.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Please make your way on down to my kitchen, love!! Looks delicious!!