Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A thousand a day...304-310

Thursday, October 7 
Tonight's kitchen experiment? Chicken with wild rice.
How did I do? Just fine, I think.
How did it taste? Not so great.

Yes, this was an unfortunate kitchen fail considering it took me a relatively long time to make. Quite honestly, I don't know why I thought this would taste good. The recipe called for orange marmalade and Dijon mustard, both of which I can't stand. Sigh. The chicken was salvageable. Can't say the same about the otherwise-delicious-but-now-ruined-by-mustard-and-marmalade rice. 


Wednesday, October 6
A still from the video I shot of the press conference at the News Journal to announce the U.S. Senate poll results. Dan Cassino from Fairleigh-Dickinson University announced the results and we streamed it live to our website.

Tuesday, October 5
My first attempt at pecan pie...still baking with that oven fog over it

Monday, October 4
Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Chris Coons visited the News Journal Monday morning for a video interview with a panel of reporters and editors.

Sunday, October 3
Baby Colin's baptism
And because my second cousin's so darn cute, he gets a bonus photo:


Saturday, October 2
A lovely outing on Mattawoman Creek

Friday, October 1
Friday Football again! Tonight, I shot the game and Andre edited, which means the voice over is totally ballin'. This still is from a touchdown that was made after a player knocked the ball out of the other guy's hands, and his teammate picked up the fumble (like my lack of football lingo there?) I'll make up for it now: He turned on the jets...and took it to the house.
Here's our video:

No comments: