Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A thousand a day...311-317

Thursday, October 14  ....annnnnd done! Dedicated to Miss Lizzie Dent. I'm sending these red velvet cupcakes to you in York! Side note: This was a cream cheese icing fail (notice the unnatural meltiness).

Wednesday, October 13
My first attempt at red velvet cupcakes...fresh out of the oven.

Tuesday, October 12
Rather than take a new picture today, I think this photo of The Pendulum office captures my day a bit better. Today, the "shot heard round the world" was the fact that our college newspaper office is being bulldozed. We moved into the old bank building during my sophomore year. The building was renovated and transformed into our home, a home that really brought us together as a staff and a family. We had so much more space in the new office and direct access to our adviser, whose office is within our newspaper office, and were right across the street from the communications building. Not to mention we were right next door to Acorn, everyone's favorite coffee shop.

So here's my ode to our office. It's tough to remember that the success of our paper is not in the building but in the dedication and talent of the staff. But still, so many memories. This photo was taken during the summer after my sophomore year when I stayed on campus to start The Pendulum's first summer editions. It's become a favorite photo of ours since it's the first view of the office while walking on the brick path from the comm school.

Monday, October 11
I had the video camera sitting in front of me at my desk and liked the fun angle it captured.

Sunday, October 10 
My Saturday was much more action-packed than Sunday, so here's a shot from the Delaware Auto Show, which I covered Saturday afternoon. This sweet little boy was so well-spoken and a simply wonderful interview.

Here's the video I edited, too:


Saturday, October 9
A wonderful morning spent very Mary Poppins style...learning how to be a chimney sweep with Justin Williams for Anything Once! "Chim Chim Cher-ee" has been on replay in my head the whole week.

Friday, October 8
First attempt at making coffee. Fail. Long story for some other time, I promise.

1 comment:

Elizabeth ♔ said...

ahhhhh i love and miss red velvet cupcakes. and don't worry about the coffee, it takes a while to get it perfected to the way you like to drink it. miss you :) xx