Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

A thousand a day...318-328

Monday, October 25
My new fall place settings

Sunday, October 24
Homecoming Day 3: Before leaving campus, I had to take a final walk around my favorite part of campus to take photos.

Saturday, October 23
Homecoming Day 2: Elon vs. Wofford. We don't have to talk about the game. If you must hear about it, Sunshine's story says it best:
 
With nine seconds left, Wofford College's junior quarterback Mitch Allen dropped back and launched a pass down the field. It was third and 15, with a tied game at 21-21.

Wofford's senior wide receiver Devin Reed was in double coverage. Elon University's sophomore defensive back Blake Thompson had him matched step-for-step.

In the midst of the action, Reed reached up to make the grab and fell to the ground in the end zone. After an extra point by sophomore kicker Christian Reed, the Terriers took the lead 28-21 to win the game...



Friday, October 22
Elon Homecoming Day 1: We decided to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Montereys, for dinner after a long day of homecoming activities. There were six of us and we refused to spend any time apart by driving separately. Blurry, yet this sums up the day wonderfully as Alexa, Sam/Sunshine, Pam and Conor crammed in the back of Jack's car. I was lucky enough to ride shotgun, thus documenting this greatness. 

Thursday, October 21
A piece of good fortune from China

Wednesday, October 20 
New frames, new decorations


Tuesday, October 19 
Another gift to myself from Anthropologie


Monday, October 18
My guilty pleasure - those fun Pillsbury cookies with shapes on them for every holiday. This one's dedicated to Roomie, the cat lady.

Sunday, October 17
Brand spankin' new roof after the crazy hail storm of 2010 damaged it

Saturday, October 16
Oakey has his first autumn leaf! I couldn't have been more excited. My oak tree's five-month birthday is coming up in a few days!

Friday, October 15
Football Friday! Middletown at Newark for the Hornets' homecoming game. It's just too hard to grab good stills from these football videos, so I'm just posting the video this time for full enjoyment. Tonight was a record night because I was out of the office by midnight!

4 comments:

Elizabeth ♔ said...

yay for self gifts from anthropologie. have you gotten the bird lamp yet? i anxiously await the day you get it, and the pictures you will take. so jealous of your apartment and being SETTLED while i am in year five of dorm life fml.

Ashley Barnas said...

You are in York. You no longer get to complain/FML about anything dorm/college/studying related. I would give my eyebrows to be in York (since I really don't like my eyebrows).

No bird lamp yet...I gasp every time I think about the price tag, but it needs to happen. Christmas present to me!

Laura said...

Loved this post!! You are so wonderful and I miss you so much. Love the cat cookies :) I really need to make a trip up to Delaware to see your fab new apartment! Maybe in Nov/Dec?

Ashley Barnas said...

Yes, please come visit me soon!