Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fighting Christians vs. Demon Deacons

OK, so we're not the Fighting Christians anymore, but how cool would it be if that was still our mascot and we were facing the Demon Deacons tomorrow? Answer: Really cool. Even though we're the baller Phoenix now, I'm stoked to be going to the Wake Forest game tomorrow. I've said it before, but I am SO excited about sports this semester. I don't know where/when it really started, but I think some of it is rooted in my internship at The Washington Post this summer. I only got to edit a couple sports videos myself, but attending the AT&T National and taping/producing Washington Post Live every night must have set off some sporty trigger. And I am so glad.

I am headed to Wake Forest for our big game tomorrow with Pam, Sam and David. And we have press passes, something I am LOVING. It's only my second game shooting video, but after our Davidson game a couple weeks ago, I've been looking forward to this day for a long time. And THIS is the stadium we're working with:



It's a whole different ball game from those in Rhodes Stadium, and the other awesome aspect to this game is that Wake Forest is the second Football Bowl Subdivision team Elon has played in its history. (Pendulum: http://www.elon.edu/pendulum/Story.aspx?id=2546). Wake Forest is 1-1 and we're 2-0. I sure hope tomorrow turns out to be a win for the Phoenix, because not only do I get to witness it, but I get to report it.

No comments: