Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer in My City: The Playlist

With an hour commute to work both ways, I have absorbed more than the usual amount of music, listening to four different stations on the radio. My life always has a soundtrack, and I naturally associate songs with people, places and memories. This summer I did a much better job of keeping track of the songs that kept me going, kept me smiling, gave me hope and made me reflect on life in general.

I also tend to live and hear my life through lyrics, so the songs with a * next to them are particularly meaningful to me.

Shadow Of The Day - Linkin Park
*Fallin' For You - Colbie Caillat
You Found Me - The Fray
I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
The Climb - Miley Cyrus
Magnificent - U2
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
Summertime - New Kids On the Block
Poker Face - Lady GaGa
*I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
*Realize - Colbie Caillat
Heartless - Kris Allen
Paranoid - Jonas Brothers
Please Don't Leave Me - Pink
Waking Up In Vegas - Katy Perry
*You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
*If It Kills Me (From the Casa Nova Sessions) - Jason Mraz
*Hollywood's Not America - Ferras
Second Chance - Shinedown
*The Time of My Life - David Cook
*Love Story - Taylor Swift
*Crush - David Archuleta
Viva la Vida - Coldplay
Just Dance - Lady GaGa & Colby O'Donis
So What - Pink
Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap
Follow Through - Gavin DeGraw
*Lucky - Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
Never Say Never - The Fray
*To Be With You - David Archuleta
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
Love Remains the Same - Gavin Rossdale
*Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's
Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
Halo - Beyonce
Fire Burning - Sean Kingston
Circus - Britney Spears
Don't Trust Me - 3OH!3
Blame It - Jamie Foxx
That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings

1 comment:

La Bonne Vie said...

I'm sensing a theme to the star-ed songs...