Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

From This Day Forward, No More Fretting

It's hard to believe I have only two weeks left at The Post. This summer has FLOWN by and I remember thinking that it would be so long! I always like to think I've had a productive summer, but I don't think I'll ever be fully satisfied with what I accomplish. Internship-wise, I'm very satisfied that I've had a highly productive experience. Life-wise, I always feel I could have made more time to do things I needed and wanted to. I have read a lot of books, but not as many as I'd like. I re-read the Twilight saga for the third time, but not the Harry Potter series. I've become well acquainted with Twitter, but I have completely neglected my blog. I have seen more movies in the theater than usual, but because our DVD player is broken, I haven't gotten to watch a lot of my old favorites. My college stuff remains in the boxes I threw together in May, but I often think about organizing them. I still haven't scrapbooked my college life, but I definitely bought more scrapbooking supplies. I have not had Rita's Italian ice since the spring, but I've become addicted to Weight Watchers fudge pops. I haven't reunited with high school friends, but I have seen some Elon friends. I still haven't learned how to cook eatable food, but I saw "Julie & Julia" and was thus momentarily inspired. And the list goes on and on. I really just need to start being satisfied with what I have done rather than feel badly for what I've neglected. So from now on (and this is appropriate since I'll be starting my epic senior year. gulp.), I'm going to be optimistic about what I have done rather than fret over what I haven't. Because with that time I spend fretting, I could be watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy, reading "Anne of Green Gables," testing a chicken and mushroom recipe, starting my research, unpacking and repacking, planning for The Pendulum...and blogging.

No comments: