Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A little Longwood

Sometimes, I just need an afternoon for me. After a stressful (and unsuccessful) morning apartment hunting a couple Saturdays ago, I decided to just drive up to Longwood Gardens. Mama Dent and my mom bought me the yearlong garden pass so I'm free to visit whenever I like. I am loving it and I plan on getting it every year I live in Delaware (and probably even after that since it's worth the trek to Kennett Square, Pa.).

During my visit, and despite the humidity, I decided to explore new areas. When I visited the last couple of times, it was with some Ya-Yas. It was sad to go alone this time, but at the same token, it was good to see some spots I hadn't before so I know where to explore further when I have visitors again. Here are some of my favorite finds from the beginning of summertime at Longwood...

To quote Elizabeth, and Coldplay, "And it was all yellow."

The texture of the treetops against the sky reminded me of a Bob Ross painting. "Oh, that's good, that's nice, that's good, that's nice."

Straight out of Pride and Prejudice


A hidden little waterfall near the Italian water garden

Don't sting me as I try to get this shot!

So excited to finally see the lilies


One of my favorite inhabitants of the conservatory: Old Man Cactus

4 comments:

Elizabeth ♔ said...

LOVE the p&p and shout out to me and chris.

Nichole said...

Are you moving??

Laura said...

Apartment hunting? Are you moving??

As always, lovely photos :)

Ashley Barnas said...

Sadly, yes. They were increasing my rent too much so I decided to get a one-floor, one-bedroom apartment in the same complex. Basically, I'm just across the parking lot!