Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Continuing the photo adventure: Thousand a Day, year two

It really wasn't a question whether I wanted to continue taking a photo worth a thousand words a day. So here I am, catching up with posting the photos I've taken each day since the one-year anniversary of "Thousand a Day."

Tuesday, December 14
I had to get creative with hanging lights outside my apartment since nails and tape would not work, so I decided to twist them around my balconies instead.

Monday, December 13
A few favorite ornaments

Sunday, December 12
Tonight, I decorated my very first Christmas tree

Saturday, December 11
Christmas bouquet

Friday, December 10
My first attempt at banana bread: Semi-fail for two reasons. 1. I have no bread pan in which to bake the bread, thus I resorted to using a bundt and these mini acorn/pinecone/pumpkin/walnut shapes. 2. The bundt was in the oven too long...50 minutes must apply to the bread pan, not the bundt, so it wasn't as moist as it should have been. Sigh.

Thursday, December 9
Today was my office Christmas party and part of the random gift I picked from under the tree was a little bottle of Jack Daniels. Of course. I instantly knew this was perfect for Leo Smith Chompers Francis Whittington.

Wednesday, December 8
When my mom went to Germany this summer to visit our family, the one thing I wanted most was a genuine cuckoo clock from the Black Forest. Sure enough, my mom found a beautiful one for me and we got to hang it up in my apartment this weekend. The cuckoo bird pops out of his door, dancers twirl on the balcony and the little German men cheers their beer.


Tuesday, December 7
Tonight's brand new creation in the kitchen: salmon and asparagus pasta with sour cream sauce

Monday, December 6
Roses from Mom and Dad

Sunday, December 5
My bird lamp finally has a hat!

Saturday, December 4
Here's my new rule for round two of Thousand a Day: I can post multiple photos in one day. I did the same thing last year, but this year I'm making it an official OK move.

Mom and Dad were visiting this weekend and we went to the Brandywine River Museum to buy some of the critter ornaments I was introduced to at work when I edited a video about them. A bunch of the critters were on display throughout the museum and there was a room filled with elaborate train sets.

Friday, December 3
Tonight was the Division II high school state championship game, St. Elizabeth vs. Archmere. Damian and I journeyed down to DSU's football stadium in Dover. I shot from the roof above the press box while Damian shot from the sidelines. It. Was. Cold. But a great time as always. It's definitely depressing to be done with football, though...going to be weird having to work normal hours on Fridays.

No comments: