Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A thousand a day...71 + a Dose of Nostalgia

Two interesting surprises were waiting for me in my mailbox this afternoon - two things I haven't thought about since the day they were written. One is a letter written to myself by myself on March 31, 2007, spring semester of my freshman year at Elon. The second is a list of four things I wanted to improve about myself, dated April 2, 2007. As soon as I opened the letter and realized what it was, I could picture myself sitting in Harden dining hall writing it with my fellow freshman fellows and Emerging Leaders.


I had joined Leadership Fellows lateral entry and applied in the fall to start in the spring. I wrote the letter in what was probably one of my very first workshops. The theme of the first year in the Isabella Cannon Leadership Program (ICLP) is "Self," hence the list of four things I wanted to personally improve upon. It's so funny to look back on them...especially now that it's my last semester here. Here's an abbreviated version of my goals back then:
  1. Go to the gym much more often and continue to eat healthy.
  2. Learn to forgive others. Put the past behind me.
  3. Continue helping others and loving people more than they love me. Do unto others as you want them to do unto you. 
  4. Succeed in classes - stay on course and don't get discouraged by others.

No comments: