Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

ingredients for a good week

This week, in short, was wonderful because of all the video adventures I got to go on.

Sunday was Point-to-Point at Winterthur. Not only have I always wanted to go to Winterthur, but as soon as I heard about the steeplechase tradition last summer, I knew I wanted to attend this year. The hills were covered with people dressed in pastels and fancy hats laying on their blankets and in lawn chairs. It was the first time I got to see a horse race, and I must say it was fabulous. The horses' names were most entertaining: South Monarch, Music to My Ears, Like a Bee, Flying Contraption and News Flash, just to name a few.

The horses and jockeys parade around in front of the crowded hills before beginning a race

About 12,000 people attended Point-to-Point this year

Video Daniel and I shot:

Wednesday, Justin Williams rappelled off a 17-story building in downtown Wilmington for Anything Once! His daring act was for a fundraiser for Special Olympics Delaware.

 Justin in front of the building before his leap

 A gorgeous view of Wilmington from the top

 I felt so legit for being just a camerawoman

 Another beautiful view


 Justin goes "Over the Edge"

A much scarier view...looking down from the edge

Here's the video:


After my Anything Once adventure, I went to Aqua Sol in Bear for Signature magazine's June/July cover photoshoot. It was a beautiful location. The video going behind-the-scenes of the cover shoot will run next month. I need to rappel off a building and dabble in fashion photography...that's what I took away from Wednesday afternoon.

View of the marina from the ramps at the restaurant

To end my week, I spent today in Bethany and Rehoboth for "Foodie TV" shoots at Matt's Fish Camp and Victoria's. The videos will launch with the new series on June 1. Bonus: I got to try the duck dish at Victoria's and it was supremely amazing.

The patio at Victoria's had a beautiful view of Rehoboth Beach. 
It was a perfect sunny day and there were huge waves.

And the final thing that made this week wonderful: Birthday flowers in bloom. You may have noticed by all the flower photos I post, but I love having fresh flowers in my apartment each week. My birthday bouquets have lasted for weeks and I couldn't be cheerier.

 Bouquet from Mikey's sweet girlfriend Lauren. The flowers were from her dad's garden. 

Bouquet from Mom and Dad

OK, so I didn't have any cupcakes this week, but just thinking about my favorite cupcakes from SAS in downtown Newark made me happy. These are the treats I got for my birthday a couple weeks ago. Flavors: Chocolate, red velvet, oreo, and chocolate with raspberry icing.

No comments: