Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

pretty little things

It's been a long while since I last posted something, so for that I apologize. Here are some pretty things I have been meaning to share...

I had several orchids in my apartment for a few months. A large green one, a little pink and green one, and a mystery orchid I got from Longwood's orchid show. This flower fell off, so I decided to give it a new life in little vase.

And then one night, the moon was perfect. Photo was from March 20, taken from my balcony.

A perfect Saturday afternoon at Longwood Gardens. I promise more photos on this adventure will be in their own post.

 Darling Merlin

And sweet Paprika

An Easter photo

Tulips light up my life, especially when they remind me of the ones all over Elon's campus.

My orange star flower. Sadly, I had to send my orchids to Connie Camp, named as such by Mama Dent. My mom has a magic touch with orchids and since mine were not doing so well (she claims it's the poor lighting in my apartment), I sent them home with mom to be healed. While my orchids were receiving their own rejuvenation, I decided to heal my own heart by buying this orange star plant I found at Giant. It's South African and its prettiness and growth surprises me every day. After a month or so, I have five sprouting up and they are so heavy, they began to droop down. A quick fix: gold ribbon to keep them lifted enough to still bloom...

Tied together with a bow.

Brandywine Park, one of my favorite places in Wilmington, was bursting with cherry blossoms a couple weeks ago. I'm so glad I got to see them before they went away.

 For Easter, Mom embroidered this lovely table decoration for me. Here's one corner...

 ...and the other corner.

 Big bunny on my table!

One morning, this pretty surprise was waiting on my desk at work for me (from mom). It was wrapped up so beautifully, too.

Little ladybug clips on my Easter basket

No comments: