Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

A thousand a day...204-209

Monday, June 28

Sunday, June 27
My Subway date/day trip buddy Rachel and I decided to go hiking in Harpers Ferry this beautiful (yet stifling hot) Sunday. We hiked two miles up the mountain and two miles back, drank through tons of water, were forever grateful for the lunch at the bottom of the mountain, and even more grateful for the air conditioning in the car ride home. Wildlife spotted: one squirrel (yay! though not as friendly as our Elon squirrels), daddy long legs under the rock we borrowed for a rest stop, and several beautiful butterflies. Unfortunately, no bears, though we looked really hard for them. 

Saturday, June 26
In keeping with our barbecue tradition (another great Pendulum journalism experience), Morgan Little and I went to the National Capital Barbecue Battle in Washington, D.C. for lunch. SO much yummy barbecue to taste and so little time. Overall, I think the festival earns 4 1/2 piggies out of 5. I think North Carolina still wins our hearts as far as barbecue is concerned. We ate at the BBQ joint with the most trophies, obviously...

Friday, June 25
I'm on an orchid spree...hard not to be when my mom has so many gorgeous orchids all over the house.

Thursday, June 24
Just blooming

Wednesday, June 23
My brothers just before spending a week hiking along the Appalachian Trail.

No comments: