Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

The countdown begins

This is it. The 15-day mark. This summer has absolutely soared by. If my three months in London go nearly as fast as the three months of this summer, then I’ll be home in a blink. Just thinking about the next 15 days and the next three months overwhelms me. I still have so much to do.

It was a blessing to be home for this month, though, because I have been able to say some goodbyes to people I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. A couple days in D.C. allowed me to see two dear Pendulum friends and also to see the city before I see it the final time on my way to the airport. And I got to go to the zoo! When you live so close to D.C., I guess it’s easy to let a decade or so go by without visiting the animals. I couldn’t believe it myself when I realized it had been that long. I also got to say goodbye to my Roomie, who will be studying in Paris while I’m in London. So at least we’ll be on the same continent even though it’s more than the usual three-foot difference away.

But beyond saying some goodbyes, I’ve been much busier than I expected. I’m still writing a lot. For University Relations and for The Pendulum. And I have some video to edit. And let’s not even talk about the packing! I just finished a final homework assignment for my British Media and Culture class, so that’s a relief, but there’s definitely more to come! Just through the homework I’ve had to do, I feel so well prepared for London. I’ve learned so much about the government, people, culture and everything else that I feel like I could write my own book on it before even getting there. And I think that was the point of the homework. When I’m there, I have to keep a journal for the class and a journal for my internship. So, I will be writing a ton! No worries about forgetting any moment or memory on this trip.

For now, I have to make memories and moments out of these last 15 days.

No comments: